Held online on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 November 2022
The Historical Dance Society is bringing together renowned historians, researchers and practitioners to enjoy a weekend of Shakespeare-themed activities.
References to dances and dancing appear throughout Shakespeare’s plays. This weekend explores the dances, dance music and costumes that were familiar to Shakespeare and his circle.
- Learn how to dance a Measure
- Find out how dances are interpreted and staged in productions of Shakespeare’s plays
- Explore the hats, headwear and clothing of the time
- Discover the exciting Shakespeare and Dance Project
- Find out about creating music with limited resources in Shakespeare’s time
- Focus on non-social dancing and dance for performance in Shakespeare’s plays
- Discover how dance can be made dramatic in the dramas
Relax and enjoy A Shakespeare Revel on Saturday evening (GMT) with dancing, music, readings and other delights. You may wish to wear a costume or hat of the period to get you in the mood.
For more information and booking form: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/shakespeares-dances-a-celebration-of-dance-music-and-costume-tickets-425208338587