Site and society policies
The HDS does not collect any personal data or data that can be used to identify your computer unless you explicitly provide it by completing and submitting a form, for example when buying goods or booking places at events. Any data you supply will be handled in accordance with our personal information policy (download pdf). In particular
- Data will be used only for the purpose stated when it was collected.
- Data will be handled only by members of the Committee or persons appointed by them to carry out specific functions (e.g. adminstrators for courses).
- No data will be given to third parties without explicit consent.
Cookies are small amounts of data sent from the site and stored by your browser to be sent back to our site (and no other). This site uses two 'session' cookies, which will be deleted within two hours or when you close your browser.
- hds_session is used on the publications pages. It contains a 'session ID' to keep track of any items you add to your purchase order. It contains no personal data.
- hds_csrf contains a random value that is used to help protect your data when using our order forms. It contains no personal data.
A third cookie called cookieconsent_status may persist between sessions to record when you have been shown and dismissed the banner about cookies.
If you choose to block cookies in your browser, the site will still function, but you will be unable to order publications.
Other HDS policies and guides
- Child and vulnerable adult protection policy: download (pdf). If you would like your child to participate in an event run by the HDS, please read the policy and complete the consent form at the end.
- Equal opportunities policy download (pdf).
- Policy on bequests download (pdf).
- Remuneration guide for teachers and others download (pdf).