Membership of HDS costs £20 per year for a single membership or £35 per year for a couple. Alternatively join for five years, which costs £90 for single membership or £160 for a couple. Annual membership is renewable on 1 October each year.
As well as joining a great organisation and helping to support its various activities in promoting a greater understanding and appreciation of the performance, costume and music of dances from 12th to 20th centuries, your HDS membership will also benefit you by:
- being covered by the HDS public liability insurance when at HDS events. In particular, this covers those who are teaching on a HDS event.
- 10% reduction on musical instrument insurance through MIS (our insurers)
- regular HDS newsletters
- receiving a printed copy of the journal when published
- information about our events and other offerings shown on our website and social media sites
For more information or to ask for a form to join by post and pay by cheque or standing order, please contact
To join HDS on-line and pay by credit/debit card or PayPal
- Complete the form, including your email address and press 'Submit form'. Your information will be emailed to us, with a copy to you.
- You will receive an invoice through PayPal by email with payment instructions.
- Note that the work of the HDS is done by unpaid volunteers in their spare time. Please be patient if it takes a few days to process your request.