Membership of HDS costs £20 per year for a single membership or £35 per year for a couple. Alternatively join for five years, which costs £90 for single membership or £160 for a couple. Annual membership is renewable on 1 October each year.
As well as joining a great organisation and helping to support its various activities in promoting a greater understanding and appreciation of the performance, costume and music of dances from 12th to 20th centuries, your HDS membership will also benefit you by:
- discounts at many HDS events, including the annual summer school
- being covered by the HDS public liability insurance when at HDS events. In particular, this covers those who are teaching on a HDS event.
- 10% reduction on musical instrument insurance through MIS (our insurers)
- regular HDS newsletters
- receiving a printed copy of the journal when published
- information about our events and other offerings shown on our website and social media sites
For more information, contact
To join by post, please print the form and post it to The HDS Secretary, 121 Queensway, West Wickham, Kent, BR4 9DT together with a sterling cheque for the appropriate membership fee.
To join HDS on-line and pay by credit/debit card or PayPal
- Complete the form, including your email address and press 'Submit form'. Your information will be emailed to us, with a copy to you.
- There will be a handling charge of £0.50.
- You will receive an invoice through PayPal by email with payment instructions.
- Note that the work of the HDS is done by unpaid volunteers in their spare time. Please be patient if it takes a few days to process your request.