Conferences and study events
Next conference: The Histories of the Morris in Britain
25–26 March 2017
Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regents Park Road, London NW1 7AY
The On Common Ground series of conferences ran from 1996 to 2009. The proceedings are listed on the publications page. The conferences consisted mainly of papers, with some practical sessions and workshops.
The study forums held in 2013 and 2015 had two days of workshops and presentations, guided by leading researchers, teachers and performers. Due to the practical nature of most of the sessions, the proceedings are not being published, but some authors have provided papers that can be downloaded from the study forum pages.
- On Common Ground 1 (1996) On Common Ground
- On Common Ground 2 (1998) Continuity and Change
- On Common Ground 3 (2001) John Playford and the English Dancing Master, 1651
- On Common Ground 4 (2003) The Problems of Reconstruction and Re-creation in Dance before 1850
- On Common Ground 5 (2005) Dance in Drama, Drama in Dance
- On Common Ground 6 (2007) The Minuet in Time and Space
- On Common Ground 7 (2009) Kings and Commoners: Dances of Display for Court, City and Country
- Study Forum 1 (2013) Reconstructing Technique - Creating Performance
- Study Forum 2015 (2015) Dance Disguised & Obscured
- Conference 2017 (2017) Histories of the Morris in Britain